|Six Reasons to Own Your Own Home|
|Friday August 14, 2009 01:36 PM|
1. Appreciation. Real estate has long-term, stable growth in value. While year-to-year fluctuations are normal, median existing-home sale prices have increased on average 6.5 percent each year from 1972 through 2005, and increased 88.5 percent over the last 10 years, according to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
2. Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
3. Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, the equity is tax free when it is your primary residence.
4. Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-mortgage payments don’t rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will increase.
5. Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and benefit from your investment for as long as you own the home.
6. Stability. Remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you a chance to participate in community activities, lets you and your family establish lasting friendships, and offers your children the benefit of educational continuity.
If you’d like to find out if home ownership is a possibility for you, call me at 250-477-7291 or 250-858-1213.
Cheryl Woolley, DFH Real Estate Ltd. www.cherylwoolley.com